Mountain Bike Series
June 8, 2016
Please pre-register to give us an idea of the number of maps needed.
Mountain bike orienteering is an endurance sport welcoming both orienteering and mountain bike enthusiasts. The most important orienteering skills needed are route choice and map memory.
Lac Beauchamp provides a challenge for the skilled biker but also has trails suitable to the novice participant. As an environmental safeguard, competitors may not leave paths and tracks.
Details for our 2019 event will be posted closer to the meet date.
- Any children under 8 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Helmets are mandatory
Format and scoring
- Cyclists may take part solo or as a team of two
- Staggered starts of 30 second or 1 minute intervals will be used.
- SI electronic scoring system will be used
- Participants may do multiple courses if time permits
|10:00-11:00||Registration desk is open|
|11:00-1:00||Post-race refreshments available|
*Note that it is very important that you report back at the finish by 1pm. We start our missing persons protocol at 1pm for anyone who has not checked in at the finish and download stations by that time.
|Standard Meet Costs per start||Adults||Jrs (8-20 yrs)|
|Annual Ottawa Orienteering members||$9.00||$6.00|
|Timing chip rental||$2.00|
|Whistle purchase (whistles are mandatory)||$2.00|